Data centre sustainability certification – how do you demonstrate success?
Most data centre operators today are looking at ways to run greener operations. But what is there in terms of verifiable green data centre certification? There are LEED, ISO or BSI standards, but also frameworks that measure other environmental impacts such a verified Net Zero Pledge, support of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and a B Corp Impact Assessment among others. These certifications have an obvious marketing benefit – it tells customers you are making efforts to reduce emissions. But what are the other benefits of the process, and are there any drawbacks? In this session, we’ll be delving into data centre sustainability certification:
• What standards are there, and what do they show?
• What’s the process of applying for green data centre certification like?
• What additional requirements do they impose?
• How to get ready for certification
• How to tie this to external investment, operational cost saving and recruitment strategies